CCIPV’s President participated yesterday, January 08 at Savills Market Report Q4.2018.
- Vietnamese GDP growth reached 6.9%, the highest 9M/2018 growth in eight years. In 2018, the government forecast GDP growth to reach 6.7 percent. Manufacturing and processing grew 13% YoY and continued to be a key GDP contributor.
- Strong export momentum continued up 15% YoY to US$179 billion, delivering a US$5.4 billion trade surplus. The US remains the largest export market with US$35 billion, increasing 13% YoY.
- Total registered FDI reached over US$25 billion, while FDI disbursement increased 6% YoY to US$13.3 billion with Japan being the largest contributor.
- CPI growth was well controlled at 3.6%, approximately 4% under the limit.
- International visitors strongly grew 23% YoY to 11.6 million, Asian tourists continued to be the main source market.
Find the report here.
Source: Savills Vietnam